Websites for project ideas and related organizations
Below you’ll find a number of organizations that provide useful information and resources for young people.
If your Interact club has a website, let others know what you’re doing by registering the URL
with Rotary International. After registering, your site will become part of a searchable database.
- Amigos de las Americas creates opportunities for young people to excel in leadership roles promoting public health, education, and community development in the United States and Latin America.
- Children's Book Council is a nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging literacy and the enjoyment of children’s books. It is the official sponsor of Children’s Book Week, observed 15-21 November, which encourages young people to discover the complexity of the world beyond their own experience through literature.
- The Civic Education Project combines traditional education and community service to promote civic responsibility among young people. It allows promising students the chance to learn and serve in communities across the United States in an effort to develop more active leaders, scholars, and citizens.
- Friendship Through Education is a consortium of organizations committed to creating opportunities that facilitate interactions among young people worldwide.
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards recognizes students in middle and high school who have demonstrated exemplary community service.
- Rotaplast provides free reconstructive surgery and treatment for underprivileged children worldwide. (It is not affiliated with RI.)
- Student Leader is the premier U.S. leadership magazine and forum for campus leaders.
- Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF involves youth in the Global Polio Eradication Campaign by collecting funds during Halloween.
- World Affairs Seminar is an educational program for high-school students that provides a forum for future leaders to learn, study, and discuss complex global issues and problems.
- YouthActionNet seeks to connect, inspire, and nurture present and future young leaders by providing a virtual space where they can share stories, information, and advice on how to lead effective change.