Tips for ensuring faster grant payment
Rotarians can now apply online for 2013-14 district, global, and packaged grants from The Rotary Foundation. To help us process your grant as quickly as possible, we recommend that you follow these steps before you submit your application:
- Contact Foundation staff and share your ideas. We’ll provide any information you need to create a high-quality grant that meets the Foundation’s requirements.
- Make sure that your club and district have fewer than 10 open grants, are current on all grant reporting requirements, and have adequate District Designated Funds (DDF) or cash to fund the proposed project.
- Align your global grant project with one of the areas of focus. If you’re not sure whether your project supports an area of focus, or if you have other questions, contact Foundation staff for guidance.
- Provide complete and accurate information on the application, and respond quickly to requests for additional information.
- Make sure that all sponsors, scholars, and vocational training team members understand Rotary’s travel and insurance requirements, authorize required legal agreements, and provide necessary eligibility information.
- Submit all committed cash contributions as soon as possible. We cannot pay your grant until these funds have been received and allocated to the correct project or activity.
The Foundation is committed to paying your approved grant faster by working with you to address those obstacles that can delay payments. Our goal is to provide payment for district grants within 10 business days from the time we receive your application and within 40 business days for global grants. By working together to ensure your application is complete and meets Foundation requirements, we can put your grant money to work more quickly.
Over the coming months and years, we will continually evaluate the process to determine how we can provide you with better service, help more clubs and districts participate in Foundation grants, and help you use more of your DDF to support Rotary’s good work.
Questions? Email email@example.com