What you said on social media about Rotaractors and Rotary
In late July, we asked on social media five questions about Rotaractors becoming Rotarians. We then presented the responses to the Membership Development & Retention and Rotaract & Interact committees. Here are the questions that were discussed:
- How can former Rotaractors stay connected to Rotary if they are not yet ready to join a Rotary club?
- What has your experience been with your sponsor Rotary club?
- Should Rotary clubs modify the cost of Rotary membership for former Rotaractors?
- What skills would you bring to a Rotary club as a member that you developed through Rotaract?
- What do you see as the similarities and differences between an experienced Rotaractor and a young Rotarian? (You can participate in the discussion on LinkedIn.)
Read some of the responses we received from those questions. In all, more than 300 people responded to questions about Rotaractors becoming Rotarians. The results were presented on 1 August to the 2012-13 RI Membership Development & Retention and Rotaract & Interact committees at One Rotary Center. We also tweeted during that part of the committee meeting. You can read the Twitter conversations or visit SlideShare for the presentation.
For Membership and Extension Month in August, why not start a conversation with a Rotaractor about joining Rotary?