Ensure that your club is pursuing a balanced service program by carrying out projects in each Avenue of Service: Club Service, Vocational Service, Community Service, and International Service.
Service Above Self is Rotary’s principal motto. All Rotarians are responsible for carrying out service projects that improve the quality of life in their community and communities around the world.
A successful service project
- Has specific, realistic goals with measurable results
- Responds to identified needs
- Incorporates the abilities of those served
- Recognizes the importance of all participants’ contributions
- Uses available resources effectively
- Builds networks for future service projects
Find out how to start and fund a project, and download project resources.
Rotary clubs also can provide service through youth programs such as Rotary Youth Exchange and Rotaract. Learn more.